Ensemble Music Schools is seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Accounting Manager to help administer our growing portfolio of schools. The company’s financials are currently accounted for on a cash basis and are in process of being converted to accrual/GAAP for lender reporting purposes. This role will be instrumental in assisting with that conversion. The ideal candidate has experience with, or the knowledge of, converting financials from cash basis to accrual, has a strong background in GAAP, and is adept at both creating and improving existing processes. This role will initially report directly to the CFO and is an excellent career opportunity as the company is positioned for exponential growth both organically and via M&A. This is a full-time, fully remote position that would be a great fit for an experienced accounting professional looking for better work-life balance.
- Assist with all accounting activities for our holding company and each of our subsidiaries including revenue, opex, COGS, AP, fixed assets, prepaids, compensation entries, and general accruals. Subsequent to accrual conversion, ensure amounts are recorded in accordance with GAAP and corporate guidelines.
- Set up new entities in NetSuite and create an initial balance sheet (based on a purchase price allocation provided) for new schools as we continue to grow our portfolio.
- Allocate payroll by school and by function (COGS/SG&A) for financial reporting purposes; serve as a backup for payroll processing (we have 2 FT payroll resources).
- Assist with the adoption of ASC 606, Revenue Recognition; work with subsidiaries to prepare revenue recognition schedules to ensure compliance with the standard. Assist with the monthly deferred revenue analysis.
- Assist with the adoption of ASC 842, Leases, and ensure monthly ROU and lease liability entries are appropriately recorded.
- Record and reconcile monthly accretion of debt issuance costs and interest expense.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations; responsible for presenting monthly fluctuation analysis to CFO and CEO.
- Manage our modest accounts payable needs and related 1099 reporting. Collect and retain the appropriate contracts, approvals, and supporting documentation including vendor information and tax information forms for each invoice prior to payment processing.
- Responsible for corporate and subsidiary credit card coding, accruals and reconciliations.
- Assist with sales tax filings, maintenance of legal entities and bank accounts, and other financial and regulatory compliance tasks.
- Review and track all corporate contracts to ensure appropriate accruals are recorded. Notify department managers when contracts expire or auto-renew.
- Assist with annual audit by preparing the majority of supporting schedules.
- Maintain intercompany transactions and elimination entities.
- Assist CFO with the preparation of monthly lender reporting package.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- Minimum of four years related experience including one year of accounting manager experience is ideal but a highly motivated, seasoned senior accountant ready to grow to the next level would also be a great fit.
- Public accounting experience is a plus but not required.
- Must have very strong knowledge of US GAAP.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to interact and work effectively with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Must have strong work ethic and be passionate about accuracy and detail.
- Must possess excellent analytical skills and the ability to problem solve.
- Ability to ensure proper levels of confidentiality regarding employee personal information and company operations.
- Experience with Oracle NetSuite a plus.
- Strong Excel skills required.
About Ensemble Music Schools
Ensemble Music Schools is a consolidator in the highly fragmented music school industry. Our acquired schools provide after-school and weekend private and group music lessons, primarily to children aged 5-18. We have acquired 42 schools across 13 states since inception in January 2019.
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and brief cover letter. Diversity is a strength of our community and we invite all those meeting the above criteria to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000 - $90,000 per year plus benefits